Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Print-a-Palooza!

I worked on this piece over winter break and finished it late January but wasn't allowed to share until today! So this was for Print-a-Palooza which is a non-profitable art print sale for charity, centered around 3 popular Cartoon Network shows! 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the charity Angels on Stage. The 3 Cartoon Network shows are Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Steven Universe!

My characters were were these dudes

   

Iacedrom and Ybgir, which is Mordecai and Rigby backwards. They're from an alternative universe where they hate giving speeches. So my thinking was I can either make them more realistic, or make them cartoony BUT if I make them cartoony people might mistake them for the regular Mordecai and Rigby so I went with realistic.


This was an initial concept with all kinds of gumball machines in the background.


One of them is Pops


Then I had this idea of the park being its own planet like King Kai's planet in DBZ



I wanted most of the piece to be traditional so I painted the space background out of watercolor.

 

The rendered drawing for the dudes.





And the finished version! I tried to make the grass and trees in front of the house be a Shrunkenheadman Logo but maybe its too subtle, or just enough. The planet and characters I colored digitally. But yea check out all the other prints too, everyone did a great job and they're only 8 bucks each! 

No comments:

Post a Comment