Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Personal Film!

With all the BFA projects and other projects happening, I decided it would be smart to also work on a personal film project during any free time I don't have! Just in case it somehow get's done in the future I won't give out much detail about the story but basically it's about a reverse relationship between man and parrot. This being the first time I started completely digitally for a film project, I wanted to share my progress so far! (This is in Flash)

This shot is not too complicated, the parrot is watching tv, hears the coo coo clock, and realizes it's feeding time. Here is a rough animatic for it done by Samia Khalaf.


For my first pass I just wanted to try moving this new character in space and get overall timing close to what I was thinking from the animatic. 


I felt it was a little simple so I tried changing the action in a second pass. After looking at some parrot videos I made his turn quicker like parrots do. Trying to get the subtle movements down is tricky but in Flash at least it's faster and easier to inbetween.


So I have a lot more to go but so far really enjoying working on this thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment